Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blog post 4

"He gasps, as if shocked by her words, and then silence afterwards makes me feel as if I too am suffering. I stop talking and bow my head. His chest is still. We all lean forward, listening, holding our breath." -page 186 of 'Death Benefits' by Sarah Harvey.

My connection to this scene in the story is when my grandmother passed away, and I was in her room with her. As I watched her take her last breathes, I remember how painful it was. Reading this scene was difficult and made me feel depressed, and brought back memories of me and my grandmother. It made me feel as though I know what Royce is going through.




Edvard Munch
By the Deathbed, 1895

1 comment:

  1. Good quotation and connection explanation. When using a quotation as support, be sure to give context (what is happening at the time of the quotation, speaker, audience) so your reader sees the significance of the quotation.

    ReplyDelete